The Academy has uploaded a great gallery of the 20 acting nominees, shot by photographer Douglas Kirkland. Check it out here – “Out of Character: Portraits of This Year’s Acting Nominees” [via indiewire]
Not sure how exactly they’re out of character… How do we know that Rooney Mara wasn’t being a cranky know-it-all bitch to everyone just like Lisbeth?
10 random observations…
- Gary Oldman. Dickie bow wearer. Brother of old Mo Harris from Eastenders.
- Meryl starting to look a bit cocky…
- Hoping that Viola Davis and that infectious smile knock Meryl for six.
- Michelle Williams is too cute for this awards game.
- Nick Nolte really is embodying Old Saint Nick these days isn’t it?
- Did no one told Christopher Plummer Movember had finished?
- Max Von Sydow needs to be given a trilby and a cigar to go with that scarf and smile combo he’s got going on.
- It’s still weird seeing Jonah Hill all dolled up in a suit…
- I’ll have whatever Berenice Bejo is having please.
- Janet McTeer looks pretty unrecognisable. Cue lots of “who?” on Oscar night.
Latest posts by Nigel (see all)
- Pod #79 – Steve McQueen’s ‘Widows’, plus Bohemian Rhapsody, Mandy, Rosie & more - November 9, 2018
- Pod #78 – We watch ‘The Crying Game’, 1992’s most shocking film and legendary piece of Irish cinema - October 8, 2018
- Pod #77 – The ‘BlackKklansman’ and ‘Airplane!’ connection, American Animals, Searching, Lucky & more - August 29, 2018
- Pod #76 – What’s coming to Galway Film Fleadh 2018? And what’s in the cinema for when the World Cup is finished? - July 11, 2018