The Academy has uploaded a great gallery of the 20 acting nominees, shot by photographer Douglas Kirkland. Check it out here – “Out of Character: Portraits of This Year’s Acting Nominees” [via indiewire]
Not sure how exactly they’re out of character… How do we know that Rooney Mara wasn’t being a cranky know-it-all bitch to everyone just like Lisbeth?
10 random observations…
- Gary Oldman. Dickie bow wearer. Brother of old Mo Harris from Eastenders.
- Meryl starting to look a bit cocky…
- Hoping that Viola Davis and that infectious smile knock Meryl for six.
- Michelle Williams is too cute for this awards game.
- Nick Nolte really is embodying Old Saint Nick these days isn’t it?
- Did no one told Christopher Plummer Movember had finished?
- Max Von Sydow needs to be given a trilby and a cigar to go with that scarf and smile combo he’s got going on.
- It’s still weird seeing Jonah Hill all dolled up in a suit…
- I’ll have whatever Berenice Bejo is having please.
- Janet McTeer looks pretty unrecognisable. Cue lots of “who?” on Oscar night.
Latest posts by Nigel (see all)
- Pod 83: So, who’s gonna win an Oscar? (w/ guest Eithne Shortall) - February 20, 2019
- Pod 82: Green Book v Beale Street v Driving Miss Daisy (kinda) - January 30, 2019
- Best of 2018: Friends of Spooool - December 21, 2018
- Pod 81: THE BEST FILMS OF 2018 - December 19, 2018