| o | – Keanu Reeves talking to Greta Gerwig
The Irish Film Institute is hosting a one-off screening of the 2012 documentary Side by Side at 8pm on Thursday 24th January.
The film is about the use of digital technology in film-making as fewer and fewer directors choose to use film, preferring the use of digital formats to 16mm or 35mm. Christopher Nolan and Paul Thomas Anderson are two of the few big directors to remain committed to traditional formats with almost all of the Hollywood’s other heavyweights making the switch in recent years.
It’s likely to be a documentary for film nerds more than anything, check out the trailer below to see if it appeals.
- Keanu Reeves, actor
- John Malkovich, actor
- George Lucas, director, producer
- James Cameron, director
- David Fincher, director
- David Lynch, director
- Robert Rodriguez, director
- Martin Scorsese, director
- Steven Soderbergh, director
- The Wachowskis, directors
- Christopher Nolan, director
- Joel Schumacher, director
- Lena Dunham, director, actress
- Greta Gerwig, actress
- Caroline Kaplan, producer
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura, producer
- John Knoll, visual effects supervisor at Industrial Light & Magic
- Tim Webber
- Dennis Muren, special effects artist
- Bradford Young
- Craig Wood
- Derek Ambrosi, film editor
- Dion Beebe, A.C.S.
- Jost Vocano, A.C.S.
Latest posts by Nigel (see all)
- Pod #72 – An Oscars Conversation (w/ special guest Eithne Shortall) - February 26, 2018
- Pod #71 – The Shape of Water, Phantom Thread & many, many more - February 10, 2018
- Best of 2017: Friends of Spooool - December 19, 2017
- Best of 2017: Nigel’s Top 10 - December 19, 2017