“The increase in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Market size is a direct consequence of an increase in R&D activity, increasing prevalent population, expected commercial success of upcoming therapies in the 7MM”
The potential drugs recently launched in the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2019-2032
The Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, ALS market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis market Size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current ALS treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
Key highlights from the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis market report
- According to DelveInsight, the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Market in 7MM is expected to witness a major change in the study period 2019-2032
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis is the most common form of motor neuron disease in adults. Most people develop ALS between the ages of 40 and 70, with an average age of 55 at the time of diagnosis.
- As per Delvelnsight’s analysis, males are most commonly affected than females in case of ALS.
- The Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis prevalence is more common in males than in females.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis companies are included like Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, Sanofi/Covis, Aquestive Therapeutics, Avanir Pharmaceuticals (a subsidiary of Otsuka America), Biogen, Ionis Pharmaceuticals, MediciNova, AB Science, and several others.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis therapies are included like Radicava (edaravone injection), Rilutek (Riluzole), Exservan (Riluzole oral film), Nuedexta (dextromethorphan hydrobromide/quinidine sulfate), Tiglutik (riluzole), and several others.
Discover which therapies are expected to grab major Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Market Report @ Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Market Size
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Overview
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, is a group of rare neurological diseases that mainly involve the nerve cells (neurons), responsible for controlling voluntary muscle movement. Voluntary muscles produce movements like chewing, walking, and talking. The disease is progressive, meaning the symptoms get worse over time. ALS belongs to a broader group of disorders known as motor neuron diseases, which are caused by gradual deterioration and death of motor neurons. Motor neurons are nerve cells that extend from the brain to the spinal cord and to muscles throughout the body.
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Epidemiology
The Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis epidemiology division provides insights about historical and current ALS patient pool and forecasted trends for every seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
Medical interventions and technology have vastly improved the quality of life for people with ALS by assisting with breathing, nutrition, mobility, and communication. Modern therapeutic strategies comprise of neuroprotective treatment focused on antiglutamatergic, antioxidant, antiapoptotic, and anti-inflammatory molecules. Drugs approved for the treatment of ALS are IV Radicava (Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma), Rilutek/Riluzole) (Sanofi/Covis), Exservan (Aquestive Therapeutics), and Tiglutik/ Teglutik (ITF Pharma). In ALS, opioids and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are widely used to relieve discomfort. A combination of quinidine and dextromethorphan called Nuedexta (Avanir Pharmaceuticals) has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration to treat pseudobulbar effect, however it can lengthen the QT interval, raising the risk of cardiac arrhythmia.
Discover which therapies are expected to grab major Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Market Therapies or Treatment Options @ Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Market Share
Radicava (Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation)
Radicava (edaravone) is a free radical scavengers and administered as intravenous infusion of 60 mg over 60 minutes. Radicava received fast track and orphan drug designation by FDA and Orphan drug designation by EMA. It is approved in the USA and Japan for the treatment of ALS. In May 2019, Radicava, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma notified the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) that it wishes to withdraw its application for a marketing authorisation for Radicava intended for the treatment of ALS. The company is currently conducting a Phase III trial for long-term safety and tolerability of oral edaravone for the treatment of ALS.
Exservan (Aquestive Therapeutics)
Exservan (Riluzole oral film) consists of a thin film that is placed on the tongue, utilizes the company’s “PharmFilm” technology. The dissolving oral film can be taken twice daily without water, making it easier for patients who have difficulty swallowing pills or liquids. Riluzole oral film received the US FDA Orphan Drug designation which is used as adjunctive therapy in the treatment of ALS. Aquestive Therapeutics announced the exclusive license to Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Holdings America (MTHA) for the commercialization Exservan in the United States and Zambon for the development and commercialization of Exservan in the European Union for the treatment of ALS.
Tiglutik/ Teglutik (ITF Pharma)
Tiglutik (riluzole) oral suspension is indicated for the treatment of ALS. Tiglutik is the first and only easy-to-swallow thickened riluzole liquid for ALS and is administered twice daily via an oral syringe. Teglutik was first launched in the European markets after it was approved by US FDA as Tiglutik for the treatment of ALS.
Nuedexta (Avanir Pharmaceuticals)
Nuedexta (dextromethorphan hydrobromide/quinidine sulfate) is the only approved medication that has proven to be effective in lowering down the Pseudobulbar Affect (PBA). Nuedexta acts on sigma-1 and NMDA receptors in the brain, although the mechanism by which Nuedexta exerts therapeutic effects in patients with PBA is unknown. It is approved in the USA and Europe for the treatment of PBA associated with certain neurological conditions such as ALS.
- AMX0035 (Amylyx Pharmaceuticals)
- Tofersen (Biogen/Ionis Pharmaceuticals)
- ION363 (Ionis Pharmaceuticals)
- Masitinib (AB Sciences)
- Verdiperstat (Biohaven)
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a group of rare neurological diseases mainly involving the nerve cells (neurons) responsible for controlling voluntary muscle movement. Voluntary muscles produce movements like chewing, walking, and talking. The disease is progressive, meaning the symptoms get worse over time.
Currently, there is no cure for ALS and no effective treatment to halt or reverse the progression of the disease. The treatment landscape of ALS includes multidisciplinary care, such as physical therapy, speech therapy, dietary counselling, heat or whirlpool therapy and others. Medications are also prescribed to help manage symptoms of ALS, including pain, muscle cramps, stiffness, excess saliva and phlegm, and the pseudobulbar affect (involuntary or uncontrollable episodes of crying and/or laughing, or other emotional displays). Drugs also are available to help individuals with pain, depression, sleep disturbances, and constipation.
Get to know more information about the Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis Market Drugs or Key Players @ Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis Market Trends
Scope of the Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis Market Research Report
- Coverage- 7MM
- Study Period- 2019-2032
- Key Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis Companies: Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, Sanofi/Covis, Aquestive Therapeutics, Avanir Pharmaceuticals (a subsidiary of Otsuka America), Biogen, Ionis Pharmaceuticals, MediciNova, AB Science, and several others.
- Key Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis Therapies: Radicava (edaravone injection), Rilutek (Riluzole), Exservan (Riluzole oral film), Nuedexta (dextromethorphan hydrobromide/quinidine sulfate), Tiglutik (riluzole), and several others.
- Unmet Needs
- KOL’s Views
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis Market Drivers
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis Market Barriers
Table of Content
- Key Insights
- Report Introduction
- Executive Summary
- Key Events
- SWOT Analysis
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Market Overview at a Glance
- Disease Background and Overview
- Treatment and Management of ALS
- European Federation of Neurological Societies (EFNS) guidelines on the Clinical Management of ALS (MALS) (2012)
- American Association of Neurology (AAN) Guidelines for Care and Management of patients with ALS (2009)
- Management Algorithm for Respiratory Dysfunction in ALS
- Management guidelines for ALS in Japan, the United States, and Europe.
- Epidemiology and Patient Population of 7MM
- Organizations contributing towards ALS
- Patient Journey
- Marketed Drugs
- Emerging Drugs
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS): 7MM Market Analysis
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Market Drivers
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Market Barriers
- Unmet Needs
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Market Access and Reimbursement
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Got Queries? Reach out for more information on the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Market Research Report @ Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Market Companies
You may explore our latest Pharmaceutical Market Research Reports
- Rubella Market
- Schistosomiasis Market
- Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome Market
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Market
- Thyroid Cancer Market
- Heart Pump Device Market
- Scabies Market
- Coronary Stents Pipeline
- Immune Thrombocytopenia Market
- Short Bowel Syndrome Drug Market
- Peanut Allergy Market
- Small lymphocytic lymphoma Market
- Surgical Energy Instruments Market
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Market
- Novel Drug Delivery Devices Market
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for the healthcare domain and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Yash Bhardwaj
Email: [email protected]
Address: 304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States